The two-year project safeguards the future of the ruins, which date back to 1270, and work completed includes:
Consolidation of the ruins
The fragile stone remains have been cleaned and consolidated, certain features are now more evident such as the drawbridge abutment and the gate house entrance walls repaired.
New education centre
The new building houses toilets, classroom and a small kitchen. It has been used for schools sessions, the AGM of the Council for British Archaeology and a summer craft event.
New viewing area [link]