The Leisurebox – New Bowling alley and ice rink for Pershore…

from Brumblr, the scrapbook of Brum web ephemera:

The Leisurebox – New Bowling alley and ice rink for Pershore Street?

I never thought that this would happen, but it looks like there will be a new bowling alley and ice rink in the existing buildings on Pershore Street.

It has been closed for years. Now it looks like it has new owners going under the name of The Leisurebox.

When I saw the banner from the bus, i wanted to return to Pershore Street and get some shots of it.

Since work has been going on here, I’ve been wondering what’s been going on inside.

I remember when this was a Megabowl. I never used the Ice Rink though (never been ice skating).

The Leisurebox will have (according to this banner): The Olympian Ice Skating Rink, UV Tenpin Bowling, Air Hockey, Golf Simulators and Pool Tables.

The banner on the right mentions Wilf O’Reilly MBE and John Curry OBE. Two men born in Birmingham who trained at this ice rink back in the old days.”

(by Elliott Brown)

8 comments for “The Leisurebox – New Bowling alley and ice rink for Pershore…

1. Throstle
    12 October 2010 at 8:25 am

Are we talking a revival of the Silver Blades? Awesome haunt of 14 year-olds too old for youth club and too young for fake ID for the pubs?

2. Co_inky_dink_3
    20 October 2010 at 9:54 am

I think it’s fantastic that silver blades is being re-incarnated, the building has been left rotting for 7 years, this is a welcome regeneration. Rather than the 200 odd flats it was going to be turned into. I some of the building workers as I walked by last week, who reckon it will re-open as soon as November, but they better get the promotion going or else it i’ll die before its even started. Can’t even find a website for the new complex yet!!!

3. Co_inky_dink3
    20 October 2010 at 9:56 am

*spoke to some of the building workers* even

4. Co_inky_dink3
    20 October 2010 at 10:02 am

I have managed to locate a press release and contact details for enquiries an information;

5. Spartan_ad
    27 October 2010 at 7:47 pm

spartan adam:-

Woop woop just wots needed for the best city in the country. Any one who used to play ice hockey in and around the Birmingham area and would like to play/try roller hockey please email me on … sparatn_ad@hotmail.com ……… or call me on 07598460428….
    Currently playing in the GBHI leaugue based in deeside, we need players and goalies to play this season, we train in halesowen on sunday afternoons….. any questions dont hesitate to call.

6. Rachael
    2 November 2010 at 1:33 pm

Adams gettin prankeddd :-D

7. Hozzaaa_96
    14 November 2010 at 5:45 pm

well opening times anyone???

8. Sydn
    16 November 2010 at 6:00 pm

**** UPDATE *****
    ITS OPENING ON THE 23RD NOVEMBER!!!