Radar is an object detection system

And also a new — actual paper and ink! — magazine that is to “celebrate South Birmingham’s cultural scene”. It’s a beautiful layout and print job and the first issue features Barbara Nice, what could be better. You should be able to pick up a copy for two quid in B12-15’s coolest shops and hang outs (or according to the editorial get it delivered by hand direct to your door…) and you should.

There’s a vibe of space throughout it, no articles seem to be too short although it covers a load of stuff. It’s monthly, so in a way it’s a bit of a test for that there ‘cultural scene’ — can it do enough interesting stuff to fill a mag each month. I should think so.

25 comments for “Radar is an object detection system

1. Badbambi
    15 July 2010 at 11:35 am

hey how can I get these radar people to deliver me one of these? can you give any contact details by any chance?

2. 15 July 2010 at 11:37 am

s'on the website: http://theradarmagazine.co.uk/

3. Keith Marsden
    15 July 2010 at 1:54 pm

With the quality of this mag, these boys deserved to succeed. If you are struggling to find a copy, we sell them at the Prince of Wales in Moseley.

4. Don Innis
    16 July 2010 at 11:48 am

Forgive my repeating what I already sent to CiB.

It’s a simple message really, the RADAR is fantastic! An absolute must read magazine that wonderfully reflects on life in Moseley/Kings Heath and by extension, Birmingham (not ‘Birminam’…ha haa, page 34). And does it really matter that it is printed on high quality paper, of the kind that looks, feels and smells of such good quality? Probably not, but it just kinda works and adds real value to what seems to me a great editorial collective project.

I recommend you go get yourself a copy.

Huge congratulations to all those responsible for having the guts to deliver something so uniquely fresh :~)

5. Kavan Hawker
    28 July 2010 at 9:49 am

I love the design of this magazine, any chance you could get some delivered in cultureless Harborne and Edgbaston?

6. Kavan Hawker