6 comments for “Snow Hill?

1. Matthew Watts
    2 February 2009 at 7:31 pm

Where on earth were the road gritters this Monday afternoon? Despite plenty of advanced warning and media coverage of the weather conditions expected, rush hour traffic on main roads was brought to a standstill as it appeared as though not one road had been gritted this afternoon.

I stand to be corrected, but could it be the Council not willing to pay for a morning AND afternoon grit to be carried out? Yet it’ll waste thousands of pounds on removing apostrophes from road signs and putting up a monstrous television screen in the centre of Birmingham for no good reason?

Bunch of morons!

2. 2 February 2009 at 7:34 pm

Gritting is one thing, don’t really understand about the logisitics, but i don’t think anyone (apart from the press) has suggested that apostrophes would be removed from road signs — just not put on when new signs are erected (Moseley/KH was about to get some new ones and that’s how come Martin Mullaney brought it up).

3. 2 February 2009 at 8:58 pm

If I may be permitted to be droll while the city gets buried in feet of white stuff and polar bears roam wild in Cannon Hill Park:

Given the subject of this blog, shouldn’t the drum-roll used in the post above be played with a Brummie accent? Surely it’s “Ba-rum tish”? Or possibly “Brum-tish”?

4. 3 February 2009 at 10:50 am

I thought we got away quite lightly yesterday compared to previous experienced – though I did get to leave work a bit early. All the trains were running on time and the A38 was surprisingly normal! Managed to get a nice pic of St Phillips on the way home. I still think they should take heed of the weather forecast as there was plenty of warning this time – I guess it didn’t help with the forecast being on a Sunday though as that’s a lot of overtime payment for the gritters!

5. 6 February 2009 at 8:23 am

Just a heads up I’ve seen quite a few nice snow pics of Brum on Flickr. This group in particular.

6. 10 February 2009 at 8:34 pm

I got a couple of photos of the Eastside area from the train with a bit of snow left on saturday 7th http://birminghamcentral.blogspot.com/2009/02/snowside.html .

I hope the postcard makers were out to take some nice snowy photos of Birmingham or can use some of the great ones about to do a four seasons Birmingham postcard showing the contrasting city through the seasons.