Johnny, once of the very loud band Doom, has been providing a voice for metal — not only in the wee small hours on Kerrang Radio, but as part of the Home of Metal team. Metal needs a voice, one that can discuss the “merits of cut n paste aesthetics and early flyer artwork” and well as go “URRRGHR URRH RUGGGH” or whatever metal vocalists get up to these days.
A leather and denim clad congratulations to Johnny Doom, who wins the all new Brummie of the Year trophy (that has last year’s winner John Tighe‘s hair encased in it), and lashings of kudos (but no actual money or anything like that).
Who's Brummie of The Year 2008?
- Adam Smith (aka Steve Zacharanda) (5%, 152 Votes)
- TWM Driver (4%, 107 Votes)
- Johnny Doom (31%, 879 Votes)
- Little Chris of Brumcast (14%, 405 Votes)
- Roshan Doug (0%, 8 Votes)
- Pogus Caesar (0%, 12 Votes)
- Paul Murphy (23%, 652 Votes)
- Helga Henry (3%, 73 Votes)
- Barbara Nice (20%, 566 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,853
Congratulations also to Paul Murphy, whose energy and enthusiasm for the Brum music scene may be a guiding factor in any future genres we get to invent.