Tons of old Brum photos By D J Norton

"D J Norton – Dennis John Norton – was my father. Born in Birmingham in 1930, he suffered ill health throughout his life. He died from an asthma attack at the age of 35 in Ledbury, Herefordshire where my family had moved hoping that a country location may help alleviate the symptoms of his illness… We have several hundred black and white photo's from the 1950's and 1960's that he took and developed himself. We also have several hundred full colour slides, also from the 1950's and 1960's… The ones that captured my imagination were of Birmingham prior to and during the development of the inner ring road." [link]

37 comments for “Tons of old Brum photos By D J Norton

1. Anonymous
    4 January 2010 at 3:34 pm

flicking throught the photo’s of Selly Oak, found photo of Harbourne Motor services, I feel sure this was owned by my grandfather George Blunt until he died around 1920

2. Anonymous

32. Anonymous

33. Anonymous

34. Anonymous

35. Anonymous

36. margaretcooke
    4 January 2010 at 4:34 pm

flicking throught the photo's of Selly Oak, found photo of Harbourne Motor services, I feel sure this was owned by my grandfather George Blunt until he died around 1920

37. Gordon
    2 June 2012 at 5:20 pm

I have photos of the Fairbourne railway steam loco taken circa 1927, which I should like to offer to the collection, but I can’t find how to contact Mark Norton.
    Please tell;l me how.