We can has daysaver

My new favourite blog is Twmdriver – as the name suggests the blog of a driver on a TWM bus. It’s honest, well written, funny, and has that righteous anger of a world not quite how it should be.

It reminds me a lot of Random Acts of Reality – the blog of a London E.M.T (ambulance driver/medic) – although there, so far, has been a lot less blood. Tom Reynolds the pseudonymious ambulance author has done a fine job in keeping that blog interesting over the years, and it has spawned a book and a radio play. I really hope that Twmdriver can keep it up too.

What might be interesting to other would-be bloggers is that this is not the first time that TWMdriver has tried to start a blog – “I have tried several times to start a blog about my life driving a bus. Each time, though, i have hit a wall and can never think of things to write. Now with the wonder that is Twitter I can post little snippets on the road and then, I hope, expand on them at a later date.”.

There are also as we’ve previously mentioned Bus Driving Birmingham (which is similar in style, so much I originally thought that the new blog was from the same author), and a new one I found in the search Becoming a Brummie Bus Driver.

That’s quite a Brum bus blogroll, these guys deserve your support , both as bloggers and drivers and (as I fear) if TWM decide that they don’t want blogging drivers, I trust you’ll show your displeasure.

8 comments for “We can has daysaver

1. 16 April 2008 at 6:43 am

Sir,

I cannot express my thankage enough for the various bus driver links.
    Surely I’ll be able to track down an actual factual BendiBus driver now?

I feel like I’m cyber surfing in the shadow of gods.

Derek (Mr) Belm.

2. 16 April 2008 at 8:27 am

Dear Derek

As far as I’m aware the only bendibus in service in Birmingham is the 67.

I’ve also gleaned recentley that ’67’ has become a form of slang to imply homosexuality (I warrant not in a complementary wasy).

Yours as ever

3. 16 April 2008 at 8:27 am

Nice! All we need now is a Birmingham bus-passenger blog to chart the daily misery of traveling on TWM.

4. 16 April 2008 at 8:39 am

Bounder, Mr,

Nice one, son.
    I’m girdling my loins in anticipation of fulfilling my dream of riding upon a BendiBus. I shall do it, as a treat to myself whilst my wife (Mrs Belm) is otherwise engaged in magistrating duties.

I am aware of some complementary homosexuals living hereabouts – delightful chaps, who are current All-Comers Pub Quiz and Rounders Champions at the Bedknobs & Broomsticks – I shall enquire of them the meaning of “67”.

Good day!

Derek (Mr) Belm.

5. 16 April 2008 at 5:02 pm

Thank you very much for featuring my blog here. It came as a bit of a shock to see my hits go from a small 5 to a massive 90… lets hope it stays that way.
    It has inspired me to continue writing for as long as I can and as long as things happen to me.

Stay happy

twm_driver

6. 23 April 2008 at 4:54 pm

Sir,

I’ve only gone and blethering done it, haven’t I?
    I’ve ridden upon a BendiBus.

I must acknowledge your help in pointing me in the direction of Birmingham’s BendiBus (the No.67).

Despite a run-in with some secret policemen over photography, ’twas all I yearned and fantasised it would be.

I can die (eventually) happy and fullfilled to the gills.

Derek (Mr) Belm.