There are loads of blogs that are in and around Brum (there’s a good stack down and to the right), but I reckon that you don’t have time to read all of them – I try, but it means that you skim read some – and I bet there are some others that few of us have spotted.
So, here’s a way to find out if there’s anything out there, it’s a bit like a game of consequences, a bit like a chain letter – we’re going to do a post and throw a challenge out to a couple of other Brum blogs – then they get to do likewise, and so on. Other people have called this sort of thing “blog tag”, but when shortening “tig and tag” us brummies call it “tig” don’t we?
Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with an odd, but fun, fact about Brum and one odd, but fun, fact about their blog.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose two people to get tagged and list their names.
- Tag your post “birminghamUK” and “brumblogtig” (the second one is a memetag).
- People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (with their version of the post) and post these rules (or link to them here). They can tie it in with their particular subject if they so wish.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
I think we’ll be able to watch the chain unfold over on technorati. I also think that it’s fun to tag people you think not enough people read – but that’s totally up to you.
[EDIT – Oh and check that your tigee hasn't already had a go...]
So here goes (this may well fall flat on it’s arse):
Brum Fact: Boon series 1 -3 were set in and filmed around Birmingham, including the Tower Ballroom. A mate of mine worked on it and his dog was used a couple of times as a extra. The dog was diabetic and had to have insulin injections.
Blog Fact: I didn’t come up with the name Birmingham: It’s Not Shit, not exactly anyway. The first thing I made for the site was the dancing Rotunda, and I emailed the link off to Rob Manuel who runs B3ta the, er, extreme-photoshopping site – I was thinking of calling it “Birmingham: You think it’s shit but I like it”. What with one thing and another, while he was making the fab B B B B Birmingham song, he shortened it to Birmingham: It’s Not Shit – and the rest was history. History of any number of people telling me that they can’t print the url, I can’t say the url or “it would be nicer if it wasn’t called that” (my girlfriend’s mother).